Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas 2014 Vs Christmas 2015

I did the Elf photoshoot on Christmas Eve
as I did last year.....

The difference a year can make still blows my mind.
After all the ups and downs on my weight loss journey, that the final thing that worked was so relatively easy compared to the hours and hours I have slugged out at the gym, working out and weighing food, counting calories....

If any of you have ever had issues with your weight, than this is the solution you are looking for!
But I will add a few important pointers for you to assist in your success....

Christmas Eve 2014



Christmas Eve 2015


And here is a better look at my body...


 This photo was taken in November, and I have reduced sizes and kilos since.


My Secret:  Weight Loss Surgery - Sleeve.

Current Weight: 72.8
Goal Weight: 72 (not far to go now!)
Current Size: 10 (OMFG!!)

A few pointers that have helped with the success:

1. I tackled the mental weight issues that I had. These have been with me my whole adult life and were quiet restricting and had a huge impact on my weight and mental stability.
I used my weight as camouflage, so people couldn't see the real me.
(I dont know what I thought was wrong with the real me, but I have a feeling it does stem right back to my early childhood)
This was an extremely important step and the results were so dramatic I cant even tell you!  I lost 8 kilos after this session alone. I was able to see the "real" me hiding and was able to pull her to the front of my consciousnesses and be happy with her being there.
These sessions were "Self Awareness" sessions and invaluable!!!


2. I did lots and lots of research and culminated a plan based on the most common mistakes made by people!
It seemed to me from the research that I did that alot of people blamed the sleeve when they weren't losing weight saying it was too big. And then I would read what these people were eating.  I did everything by the book to not stretch my new stomach. I want to keep it tiny, because the less food it can fit in, the better for my weight!  So I followed the meal plans, and the water intake by the book. Any sign of discomfort and I stopped eating/drinking!  And I still do now. I consume a very very small amount of food still. People are shocked when they see the size of my meal, but this is what I have to (not)eat in order for me to stay this size.  I have a food addiction and this wont go away, like any addiction, I will have it for the rest of my life and I have to treat this addiction like any other addiction. But the difference is we need food for survival. So I only eat enough to calm the hunger and then Im done.

3. I have rewarded changes in size.  This is a very important but self indulgent tool  As I have gotten smaller, I have bought lovely clothes as a reward. I might only fit into them for a month or two, but I have done this! And I have sold off the sizes as they get too big. Selling off the clothes helps fund my new clothes to some extent. But Im not buying target clothes or best and less. No, I am rewarding myself with all those lovely brands I was always too fat to wear!!! And I LOVE this!!! I am down to a size 10, my shoulders are creeping to an 8. My hips are a 10-12.  I can never recall being this small ever in my entire life!!!

4. Dont kid yourself.  Honesty with yourself is so important. How many times did we hear ourselves saying, This pavlova has fruit,. its good for me and I will eat several pieces.  Or its just a lolly I can burn that off in no time!  If you want to eat crap, own it!!  Yes I am going to eat this crap and I know I will pay for it one way or another and own it! If we own our decisions, than we make them accepting the consequences.

Ive not exercised through this whole process.  I have always maintained that my job is very active. I shouldn't have to slog it out in the gym everyday after doing what I do for work everyday!! And now my body is processing food normally, I can see that is true.  I am losing weight and I dont have to burn that extra 800 calories in he gym.

THE BIGGEST HINT OF ALL
If you dont eat it, you dont have to burn it!!!
The only reason we have to work our arses off at the gym is because we are eating too much in the first place!
The   diet plans say to eat a certain amount of calories, and then burn so many of those calories off each day!!  How about not eating those calories we have to burn off in the first place!!! I think this is good advise for anyone! If you are an active person day to day, you shouldn't have to bust your arse in the gym and cause yourself injuries.  Just dont eat those calories in the first place!








No comments:

Post a Comment

12WBT Progress Tracker